Doctor of Ministry Christian Counseling
The Doctor of Ministry in Christian Counseling is a fifty-four (54) semester hour degree program above the Master of Divinity degree. The program focuses primarily upon the Temperament Theory of the National Christian Counselors Association. Students who have not completed NCCA certification must complete the fourteen core NCCA courses and the twelve (12) semester hour D.Min. Research portion of the program, including the final D.Min. Project. For students who have completed the NCCA certification prior to enrolling into the D.Min. degree program, the students will enter the program with Advanced Standing and receive training in at least two areas of specialization. The Advanced Standing student will be required to take a minimum of forty-two (42) semester hours. You are required to speak with a Student Advisor in the ATS Christian Counseling Department before enrolling into the D.Min. in Christian Counseling degree program.
As with all ATS D.Min. degree programs, the student will be required to complete the D.Min. Project. The Project will be completed in a topic that specifically focuses on an issue or problem in Christian counseling.
|NCCA7000||Basic Christian Counseling||NCCA Faculty||3 Credits|
|NCCA7010||Temperament Theory||NCCA Faculty||3|
|NCCA7020||Testing & Measurements||NCCA Faculty||3|
|NCCA7250||Temperament Therapy||NCCA Faculty||3|
|NCCA7500||Christian CN: Integrating Psychology…||NCCA Faculty||3|
|NCCA7510||Mastering Pastoral Counseling||NCCA Faculty||3|
|NCCA7590||Quality, Ethics, & Legal Issues||NCCA Faculty||3|
|*NCCA8000||Marriage & Family Therapy||NCCA Faculty||12|
|CCPM8000||Temperament Case Studies I||ATS Advisor||3|
|CCPM8100||Temperament Case Studies II||ATS Advisor||3|
|EDRS8000||Writing & Research||Faculty Advisor||3|
|DMPR8500||D.Min. Project Proposal||Program Advisor||3|
|DMRS9000||D.Min. Project||Program Advisor||6|
* Marriage & Family Therapy is an advanced training module that requires four three-hour courses. All ATS D.Min. students are required to complete this advanced training module as part of the D.Min. degree. For students receiving Advanced Standing, these students will receive training in at least one additional area of specialization. Call 1-800-525-1611 for additional information.
Additional Fees required for NCCA Certification. See Catalog for details.
For students who enter the program with Advanced Standing, the additional areas of certification may be completed in at least one of the following modules:
- Marriage & Family Therapy (REQUIRED)
- Child & Adolescence Therapy
- Substance Abuse & Addiction Therapy
- Sexual Therapy
- Death & Grief Therapy
- Cognitive Therapy & Ethics
- Crisis & Abuse Therapy
- Domestic Violence & Abuse (must be coupled with Crisis & Abuse Therapy)
* Students completing the additional module(s) must also complete the twelve hours of D.Min. Research & Writing, D.Min. Project Proposal, and the D.Min. Project (6 semester hours).